Team Building for Skill Development and High-Performing Teams
Successful organizations today know that teams make a big difference in achieving strategic goals. Teams that are strong, flexible, and productive can be the competitive edge needed to produce better results, achieve higher quality, lower costs for the organization and the customer. With active involvement, High-Performing Teams can help promote employees bottom line results, as well as their adaptability, quality, service, and safety. To achieve these objectives, teams have to start doing things differently. Team members and leaders need to communicate more effectively with each other, encourage more involvement, tap into one another's creativity, overcome the group's resistance to change, and renew team spirit. But this change can also create difficulty for some who may lack the knowledge, understanding, or a mind set that is conducive to teamwork.
Team Building for High Performance Teams is designed to provide skills and promote high levels of team performance and team member satisfaction. Team Building for fun? Click Here
The team building goal in this learning journey is to help participants develop increased awareness of team dynamics, practical skills for maximizing team performance, and developing a belief in the power of teamwork. Team building assists participants in planning specific improvements in the way the team operates. Participants will gain an integrated set of skills that can be applied anytime and anywhere, while enhancing their team performance, leadership abilities, and team unity. The result of applying these skills will be serious TEAMWORK - not teamwork in the ordinary sense, but something stronger, more committed, more productive, and more personal.
TEAM BUILDING OBJECTIVES
- Learning how to unleash your team's power and potential.
- Discovering new solutions to help you enhance your team's effectiveness and cohesiveness.
- Exploring ways to build team motivation and commitment to team objectives.
- Discovering the tools and resources that can help you strengthen your team and build whole-hearted cooperation among its members.
- Gaining personal insight about how your individual actions and behaviors either add to or detract from teamwork and teambuilding.
- Understanding the role of each team member:
- Role and value of team leadership in achieving results for common goals.
- Necessity of effective interpersonal communication in building relationships between team members.
- Management of resources and talents within the team.
- Importance of team goals and vision to the organization.
- Methods of problem solving and ways to handle conflict between team members and differences in perspective, opinion, and values.
- Need for team unity, cohesiveness, and commitment.
- Creating an exciting team-building learning experience that will raise your level of interest in and commitment to teamwork in your organization.
Each group with which we work has its own unique needs and interests, so each team building session is different; the insights, learning, lessons, and outcomes will vary with each group. To help each team accomplish its goals, we use an "experience-based" approach, meaning that a lot of the knowledge that participants gain will be rooted in the "hands-on" tasks and exercises in which participants will be involved. Key concepts will then be presented to reinforce and clarify what they have learned. Participants will discover the skills and methods that work best for them and how to continue to implement these effective practices once they leave the learning environment.
WHY CONSIDER TEAMWORK AND TEAM BUILDING FOR YOUR PEOPLE?
- The need to quickly respond to change and to respond with agility and flexibility.
- Increased need to produce products/services at the highest quality, lowest cost, and using the most efficient method possible.
- Demands for continuous improvement for leadership.
- People need a sense of belonging, and high performing teams offer that need.
- Decision-making and problem-solving is better handled by teams that are work together.
- Skilled team members need to be constantly improving and growing in order to stay competitive and serve the organization.
- Teamwork allows resources to be used more effectively.
Whether you are looking for a skill-development experience or are simply interested in bringing your team together and engaging in some serious fun, CMOE can assist your organization.